Visiting the best Willamette Valley wineries in the fall during harvest is a beautiful experience for wine enthusiasts and nature lovers alike. The Willamette Valley is Oregon’s world-renowned wine region, and is applauded for its picturesque landscapes, the collection of top-notch wineries, and exceptional Pinot Noir. The fall harvest season, typically from September to October, is a prime time to witness the grape harvest and enjoy exciting events and activities around the valley and downtown McMinnville.
Many of the best Willamette Valley wineries host harvest festivals, where visitors can participate in grape picking, learn about the winemaking process, and enjoy live music, local food, and wine tastings. For those who want to get in on the process, traditional grape stomping events allow visitors to partake in the age-old method of extracting juice from grapes. It’s a fun and memorable experience! Fall is also the time when wineries release their new vintages—these release parties often include special tastings, tours of the vineyards, and an opportunity to meet the winemakers.
At Youngberg Hill Inn & Winery, we welcome visitors to join wine grower Wayne Bailey on a walking vineyard tour and sip on our exceptional wines as you learn about the soils, weather influences, and what to expect from the 2023 vintage. This is a popular event on September 24th this year, so be sure to book your tickets today. To make our harvest tour even more memorable, you should consider staying at our Willamette Valley Bed and Breakfast. Our elegant guest suites are the ideal place to relax after exploring the best Willamette Valley wineries during the fall—and one of the best tasting rooms will just be steps from our lodging. Make a reservation today!
Visit the Best Willamette Valley Wineries this Fall
For those hoping to experience the 2023 harvest season at the best Willamette Valley wineries, there’s no better time to start planning! Oregon wine country comes to life in Fall, the vineyards are abuzz with farmers and pickers, and the excitement of the grape harvest creates an air of anticipation. It’s also a fantastic time to start filling your cellars with new vintage releases and special allocations.
Here are the best Willamette Valley Wineries to visit during the harvest season this Fall:
- Youngberg Hill Winery: While you’re sipping excellent wine here, take in an unparalleled view of our vineyard, the Eola-Amity mountain range, and beyond that, the Cascades. Clear days give you a spectacular view of Mt. Jefferson and Mt. Hood. The tasting room is open from 10 am to 4 pm. Inn guests receive complimentary wine tastings and discounts off tastings of our reserve label Bailey Family Wines. Look into our special events, tours, and tastings during harvest season.
- The Eyrie Vineyards: Known as one of the best Willamette Valley wineries for Pinot Noir tastings, founder David Lett played an integral role in bringing awareness to the wines of this region. Head to the downtown McMinnville tasting room for “The Eyrie Signature Tasting,” a guided flight of six wines from their Dundee Hills estate.
- Brittan Vineyards: Also located in the historic downtown area of McMinnville, head here to taste the estate Chardonnay and expressive, terroir-driven single-block Pinot noirs. The tasting room is open from Friday to Monday, and reservations are recommended.
- Keeler Estate Vineyard: The weather during the Fall is still ideal for outdoor seating, and this is one of the best Willamette Valley wineries for open-air tastings. Tour the pretty tree-covered grounds and find a spot by the fire for a white or red flight of their estate-grown wines.
- Soter Vineyards: The Mineral Springs Ranch is many things, a biodynamic vineyard, an organic farm, and a stunning tasting room. The “Provisions Tasting” delights all the senses with perfect fall fare, all of which comes from the on-site farm when possible, paired with their delicate wines.
- Lange Estate Winery: Located on the exact longitude of the famed Burgundy region in France, this is one of the best Willamette Valley wineries for classic Oregon wine tasting. You’ll experience a leisurely guided tasting of Chardonnay, Pinot Gris, and Pinot Noir with interesting historical tidbits about the estate.
- Dominio IV Wines: There are a few options for wine tastings at this sprawling farm and estate. Head to the centuries-old barn for a lovely flight in the hayloft, or find a rocker on the farmhouse porch for sipping in the fresh air. You’ll experience a variety of wines with a five-wine flight guided by one of their friendly, knowledgeable wine ambassadors.
- Bergstrom Wines: You’ll need to make a reservation for a private tasting in advance to explore this vineyard and working farm. The tastings occur at “Ekollon” in the Dundee Hills, which sits on the crest of the Bergström Vineyard with a panoramic view of the Willamette Valley and beyond.
Stay at our McMinnville Bed and Breakfast this Fall
Wine tasting is the most popular pastime at the best Willamette Valley wineries year-round. As a guest at our Willamette Valley Bed and Breakfast, you’ll have complimentary flights of our Youngberg Hill label and generous discounts for the seated tastings of our reserve label, Bailey Family Wines. We have a 24/7 concierge service available to our overnight guests if you need reservations. Our personal and friendly staff will make your stay extra special—we’re happy to make book tables for dinner, wine tastings, and tours during your stay.
First, you’ll want to get settled! Check into one of our nine suites, and refresh. Our guest rooms feature queen or king-sized beds dressed in the finest linens. Slip into your plush robe and enjoy the spa-like bathrooms with double steam showers, jacuzzi tubs, and gas or electric fires to warm the cool autumn nights. Choice rooms offer private balconies—the absolute best place to take your morning coffee and look out at the fall colors of the valley below.
When you are ready to head out and explore the best Willamette Valley wineries, we’re located in the heart of Oregon Wine Country, only ten minutes from downtown McMinnville, award-winning restaurants, great small-town shopping, and even closer to our neighboring wineries and tasting rooms. Our Willamette Valley Bed and Breakfast is the ideal place to make your home base, and you’ll quickly see why guests return year after year. Reserve your room today!