The first grape vines in Oregon were planted in the Dundee Hills. Now, you’ll find more than 2,200 acres of vines and 32 wineries in Dundee, Oregon, for tastings and tours. The Dundee Hills AVA was established in 2005, and it’s an area known for the delicate and lush pinot noir (nearly 70% of the vines are pinot clones), but they’re also growing some fantastic chardonnay and pinot gris.
The Dundee Hills AVA was put on the map in 1979 when David Lett’s 1975 pinot noir placed in the top three at a blind tasting of Burgundies that French winemakers sponsored. The Chehalem Mountains, located in the northern part of the AVA, provide shelter from the cold winds that travel through the valley from the Columbia River Gorge. Furthermore, the reddish soil, rich in iron, found in the wineries and vineyards in Dundee, Oregon, creates the perfect terroir for viticulture.
Before you start filling your itinerary with the best wineries in Dundee, Oregon, you’ll want to secure your lodging, and our Willamette Valley Bed and Breakfast is one of the most romantic places to stay in Oregon Wine Country. Not only will you have a beautifully appointed guest suite at our luxurious Inn, but you’ll also be steps away from our lively tasting room for Youngberg Hill and Bailey Family Wines—overnight guests receive fantastic discounts on tastings*, too. Book your room!
Wine Tasting at the Wineries in Dundee, Oregon
The Willamette Valley is home to an extensive list of fantastic wine tasting opportunities, so it’s fun to pick an AVA and plan a day hitting a handful of these spots. The wineries in Dundee, Oregon, are a perfect example of stunning pinot noirs, sparkling wines, and so much more.
Here are eight wineries in Dundee, Oregon, to consider visiting:
- Argyle Winery: This is one of the must-visit wineries in Dundee, Oregon, with a tasting room that combines mid-century modern and rustic farmhouse vibes. Don’t miss their sparkling wine flights!
- Bergstrom Wines: You’ll need to book a reservation for a private tasting to experience these Oregon wines. On the 75-tour and tasting, guests will get an in-depth look into the workings of this world-renowned winery.
- Sokol Blosser Winery: Careful hand harvesting, small lot fermentation, and 16 months in French oak are just a few of the critical components to the pinot noir crafted at this stalwart Willamette Valley winery.
- Four Graces Winery: Located just 1.5 miles south of Newberg, Oregon, this historical and renovated farmhouse on the Foley Family Estate is a quaint tasting room for tastings of their locally grown pinot noir, blanc, and gris.
- Artist Block: Head to this pick of wineries in Dundee that’s woman-owned and known for its modern flair and fantastic bottle designs. The wine inside is bright and approachable, too!
- Stoller Family Estate: As one of the most sustainable wineries in the Northwest, this winery is LEED Gold certified and practices minimal intervention winemaking practices. They produce elegant pinots, fun pink bubbly, and much more.
- Domaine Serene: The list of awards and accolades for this Dundee Hills AVA winery is impressive, including some of the highest honors from Wine Spectator. Be sure to make a reservation in advance for these tasting experiences.
- Lange Estate Vineyards & Winery: Over the past 35 years, the Langes have continued to hone their style. Enjoy tastes of pinot noir, chardonnay, and pinot gris wines at a relaxed pace with a knowledgeable guide.
For more selections of wineries in Dundee, Oregon, check out the official AVA site for an extensive list.
Join Us at Youngberg Hill for Tastings & Overnight Lodging
What’s better than a day of wine tasting in the Willamette Valley? A multi-day getaway with luxurious lodging full of wine tasting in the Willamette Valley! You can have all of that and more when you book your stay at our Willamette Valley Bed and Breakfast. Our elegant guest suites are tailored for couples looking to reconnect and relax with big, comfortable beds, spa-like en suite bathrooms, and stunning vineyard views from every turn.
One of the biggest perks of being an overnight guest at our Willamette Valley Bed and Breakfast is the complimentary wine tastings of our Youngberg Hill lineup—a $30 value*! You’ll also receive a generous discount for our exclusive sister label, Bailey Family Wines. These seated tastings and tours are such a fantastic addition to any getaway in Oregon Wine Country. Be sure to stop by our tasting room after you’ve explored the best wineries in Dundee, Oregon.
For couples who enjoy starting their day with a wholesome breakfast, we offer an add-on option to your stay! We’ll prepare a beautiful meal with seasonal ingredients and made with care, always served with piping hot coffee or tea and juices. Guests rave about our sweet and savory dishes! Mimosas are also available to really start your day off on a relaxing foot. We can’t wait to host you; make your reservation today!
*Tastings are complimentary for full-price rooms online; we do not include complimentary tastings for promotions, such as our winter promotional rate.