We look forward to the Oregon Truffle Festival every year, and this spring event promises to be one of the best yet! Tickets are on sale already for the truffle-themed events and classes. Kicking off in early February, the Oregon Truffle Festival is a month-long celebration of this elusive and delicious delicacy. For many, going truffle hunting is a bucket list item, and thanks to advances in Oregon’s truffle industry, now you can experience this!
Of course, a major part of the festivities of the Oregon Truffle Festival is the menus at the local restaurants around town; the culinary talents of McMinnville and the greater Willamette Valley are some of the best in Oregon. While hunting for truffles is an excellent adventure, getting to try them in creative preparations is one of the greatest parts—they impart a unique and nutty aroma to any dish they are incorporated into.
Before you get your Oregon Truffle Festival plans set in stone, you’ll want to book your lodging in the Willamette Valley, and our McMinnville Bed and Breakfast is a perfect place to stay. Our inn is ideally situated on our hilltop vineyard estate overlooking the vines and the sweeping terrain of the Valley. Inside, we have nine luxurious guest rooms, all beautifully appointed with elegant furnishings, amenities, and high-end touches. Book your room at our McMinnville Bed and Breakfast today!
Plan Now for the Oregon Truffle Festival
Over the recent decade, the truffle industry in Oregon has advanced in leaps and bounds. The hunt for this delicacy has often been shrouded in secrecy, but the leading experts in the field are shedding light on the harvesting, handling, and preparations of these native Oregon truffles.
The Oregon Truffle Festival combines educational events, truffle dog competitions, and culinary adventures. Many of the local McMinnville restaurants will participate with truffle-themed menus and dishes. Here are a few things not to miss this year during the Oregon Truffle Festival:
- Head out on a truffle hunting tour in the Willamette Valley. Black Tie Tours. This local tour group offers adventures with a guide and trained truffle hunting dogs, where you’ll learn the ins and outs of searching for these woodland fungus. A Bougie Truffle Tromp includes lunch and a wine tasting from guest wineries. Book here.
- Newberg, Oregon, is the unofficial capital of everything Oregon Truffe Festival. Many of the local restaurants and wineries offer unique truffle-laced dishes, from elegant multi-coursed dinners to fun bar snacks like truffle-scented french fries.
- While the significant truffle gala event is already sold out at Willamette Valley Vineyards, you can always join the waitlist for possible cancellations. Executive Chef DJ McIntyre designs this truffle-focused feast and includes multiple courses showcasing the aromas and delicate flavors of native Oregon truffles.
- Many of the nearby McMinnville restaurants will highlight Oregon truffles on their menus throughout the early part of the year and into Spring. Joel Palmer House is always a must for their Mushroom Madness Menu. One of our favorite French restaurants, Bisto Maison, in the Willamette Valley, has elegant dishes like black truffle tapenade. Over in our neighboring small town of Carlon, the Blind Pig is known for its hearty burger with truffle aioli.
- Truffle Farming A – Z is a two-day gathering during the Oregon Truffle Festival designed for prospective truffle growers that includes lectures, comprehensive case studies, a day in the field, and touring established orchards.
Book Our McMinnville Bed and Breakfast this Spring
The Oregon Truffle Festival is a month-long celebration, so there’s plenty of time over the spring to indulge and take part in the fun. As a guest at our McMinnville Bed and Breakfast, you’ll have the ideal home base to head out and explore the bounty of the Willamette Valley. Be sure to set aside some time to visit our on-site tasting room for a flight of our spectacular Youngberg Hill and Bailey Family Wines. We even offer sit-down tastings and farm tours depending on the season.
One of our favorite rooms for a spring getaway is the Mariafeld Suite. The views from this second-floor corner room are spectacular; you’ll catch some of the most beautiful sunrises and sunsets you’ve ever seen! Get cozy by the gas fireplace, relax in the plush king bed, or warm up in the two-person double shower. It’s the perfect room for those wanting to reconnect or spark romance.
We also have some lovely add-on packages to help with that! Our Romance Package ups the wow factor with a delicious bottle of our Jordan Block pinot noir with glasses and a charcuterie tray awaiting you in your room. We’re always open to designing a custom package based on your celebration. Just contact us in advance, and we’ll do our best to make your dreams become a reality. Start planning your next getaway and book your room today!