Whether you consider yourself a wine expert or are new to the sipping and swirling game, visiting Oregon’s wine country has something for everyone. This is particularly true in downtown McMinnville, where you can find a variety of local shops, restaurants, cafes, galleries, and historic architecture. For those who prefer adventures in nature, there are plenty of outdoor activities to choose from as well!
Of course, wine tasting should be on your list of things to do in downtown McMinnville. There’s a lovely selection of urban wine-tasting rooms from some of the best wineries in the Willamette Valley. There are around 20 walkable craft wineries, breweries, and distilleries in downtown McMinnville and more than 250 Willamette Valley wineries within 20 miles of the downtown center. One of those fantastic and award-winning wineries is Youngberg Hill, pouring some delicious pinot noir, Oregon sparking wine, and crisp whites, as well as our exclusive sister label, Bailey Family Wines.
What’s even better is extending your adventure to the Willamette Valley and booking a getaway to our McMinnville Bed and Breakfast just about 15 minutes outside the downtown area. You’ll be close enough to explore the best restaurants, shops, and galleries but set back on our picturesque vineyard estate for the ideal retreat in Oregon Wine Country. Our nine-room inn sets a romantic tone for couples’ getaways or group trips and is known for our welcoming hospitality and five-star service. Join us in the Willamette Valley this year and book your lodging today!
The Best Things to do in Downtown McMinnville
There are many exciting activities to enjoy in downtown McMinnville, ranging from award-winning dining and beautiful Willamette Valley tasting rooms to lovely boutiques, specialty shops, art galleries, and museums. It’s just a quick trip from our McMinnville Bed and Breakfast to all the best things to do and see for a fun-filled day of exploring a new space or returning to your favorite spots.
Here are our favorite things to do in downtown McMinnville during your stay:
- Downtown McMinnville Tasting Rooms: Wine tasting is a big part of the culture and atmosphere of downtown McMinnville and beyond into the Willamette Valley. A few of our tried and true favorites not to miss are Brittan Vineyards, The Eyrie Vineyards, Willamette Valley Vineyards, and Goodfellow Family Cellars. Be sure to grab a bottle or two to take home!
- Grab Lunch at a Cafe or Brewery: There’s a lovely selection of lunch spots serving fresh farm-to-table small plates, fantastic coffee, and more. The Mac Market is a favorite for all of the above! For hearty pub fare, head to the Golden Valley Brewery and find a spot on the garden patio if the weather is right.
- Stroll & Shop on Third Street: You’ll find the quintessential small-town vibe as you stroll down the historic Third Street in downtown McMinnville. It’s the perfect place for shopping—don’t miss Third Street Books, Northwest Food & Gifts, and Third Street Oil & Vinegar.
- Head to the Evergreen Aviation & Space Museum: This is one of the downtown McMinnville area’s largest and most popular attractions. There are more than 50 military, civilian air, and spacecraft exhibits.
- Book Ahead for Dinner at Okta: From the mind of two-time Michelin Star Chef Matthew Lighter, Okta has taken our area by storm with its hyper-local menu using ingredients like foraged mushrooms, ferns, wild botanicals, roots, and lichens.
- Craft Cocktails at the Conservatory Bar: A long-time favorite for a creative craft cocktail, the Conservatory Bar is a laid-back space where you can order your favorite martini or one of the house specialty drinks.
- Treasure Hunt at the McMinnville Antiques Mall: You never know what you might find at this local antique mall, which has vintage goods and collectibles from more than 50 independent vendors.
- Explore the Parks & Nature Areas: Whether on foot or by bike, downtown McMinnville offers a surprising amount of wooded trails and parklands to explore. There’s a 17-mile loop for hiking and biking routes for nature lovers—if you follow the whole path, you’ll hit ten different parks along the way.
Stunning Views at our Luxury McMinnville Bed and Breakfast
Exploring downtown McMinnville is a great experience any time of year—it’s a small-town experience with big-city amenities—and with our McMinnville Bed and Breakfast as your home base you’ll relish our luxurious accommodations, enjoy wine tastings right on-site, attend fantastic seasonal events, and have the option to add on a home-cooked breakfast if you so choose.
You’ll love the small scale of our hilltop property with only nine elegant guest rooms; our McMinnville bed and breakfast is spacious, and you’ll often feel as though you have the whole place to yourself. If you do feel like socializing, the Youngberg Hill tasting room is just steps from your door for lovely flights, snacks, and immersive sit-down tastings and farm tours. Our winemaker, Wayne Bailey, is often on hand to chat about his biodynamic farming practices and the cultivation of pinot noir.
For those heading to our McMinnville bed and breakfast with romance in mind or to celebrate something special, we have a great selection of add-ons to enhance your stay. From Youngberg Hill wine and glasses to fresh flowers and treats, we can have these awaiting your arrival for the warmest of welcomes. We can’t wait to host you this year; book your room today!