There are many lovely places for wine tasting in the Willamette Valley, one of our favorite day trips is checking out the selection of Newberg Oregon wineries in the charming downtown area. Located about 30 minutes from our Inn, you’ll find some of the best wineries in Newberg right along the main street, walkable to one another, with cute local boutiques and restaurants to pop into along the way. In fact, USA Today voted Newberg as one of the top ten best small towns to visit, based on the local food scene alone.
While McMinnville is truly the heart of Oregon Wine Country, with one of the most charming downtown areas, Newberg is a lovely spot to hit on your way in or out of the Willamette Valley.
As a guest at Youngberg Hill Inn and Winery, you’ll be in one of the most beautiful places to stay in the Willamette Valley. The first thing every person who comes to our property notices is the stunning view from our B&B. It stretches across the vineyards of the valley, all the way to the area’s mountain ranges, creating a fully panoramic vista that’s truly breath-taking. Sitting out on our deck with a glass of Oregon Pinot in hand is one of the greatest small joys. Join us in the Willamette Valley to explore the bounty of wine and book your next stay today!
The Best Newberg Oregon Wineries for Tastings
While there is plenty to do in downtown McMinnville and the valley surrounding our Inn, taking a quick road trip out to the Newberg Oregon wineries is such a treat. The charming downtown area is super walkable to explore the quaint small town on foot and taste some fantastic Oregon wines.
Here are five Newberg Oregon wineries to check out:
- Anam Cara Cellars: The vineyard property for this Ribbon Ridge winery began as an overgrown filbert, walnut, and plum orchard, and it now produces some lovely Oregon wines. The downtown Newberg tasting room is a great spot for a flight and snacks, especially when you snag a coveted spot on the outdoor patio.
- Chehalem Winery: This is one of the oldest Newberg Oregon wineries, and they’re best known specifically for their single-vineyard Pinots. The cozy downtown tasting room has beautiful woodwork and exposed brick for a lovely setting for a wine tasting. They offer some fun experiences, too, such as wine and popcorn pairing, partnering with flavors from the local Newberg business Miss Hannah’s Gourmet Popcorn.
- Et Fille Wines: As a proud family-owned Newberg winery, you’ll find a convivial atmosphere at this downtown tasting room. There’s an array of tasting options, including “The Cellar Sleuth,” where it’s your job to match the Pinot Noir vineyard and vintage to what’s in your glass.
- Rex Hill: Head to this newly renovated tasting room in Newberg for 90-minute seated experiences, including examples of their small release Pinot Noirs and Chardonnays. All grapes are hand-picked and hand-sorted, so only the best quality fruit is included in each batch. Be sure to order one of the snack boards with an assortment of local cheese, meats, and Willamette Valley products.
- Longplay Wine: Check out the modern, clean lines of this indoor/outdoor tasting space for local flights. This is one of the Newberg Oregon wineries that require reservations, so plan and book in advance for tastes of varietals grown in the Chehalem Mountains AVA.
- As a guest at our Willamette Valley Bed and Breakfast, you’ll have a front-row seat for wine tasting and Youngberg Hill Winery. When staying with us, not only do you receive some amazing discounts on private and reserve Bailey Family wine tastings, but our classic Youngberg Hill flight is on the house. It’s the best way to wrap up your day after exploring the Newberg Oregon wineries of the Willamette Valley, and our knowledgeable staff and winemakers have the best stories to make your time memorable.
Luxury Lodging for your Wine Tasting Adventures
At Youngberg Hill, you’ll discover our gorgeous estate winery atop a 50-acre hilltop. Our inn and tasting room overlooks the most exceptional sweeping views of our organic vineyards and the surrounding wine country. Our property offers total privacy in a peaceful and serene setting while still near the best things to do in McMinnville and the greater Willamette Valley. It’s the perfect weekend escape from the noise and activity of the city. Choose from one of our nine elegant guest rooms at the inn, each with luxury amenities and warm, welcoming service.
Start planning your next getaway filled with tastings at the nearby Newberg Oregon wineries, and reserve your room today!