During the summer in Oregon, we like to get outside as much as possible, and if that includes a glass of wine in hand? Even better. Thankfully, many local winemakers at our neighboring Willamette Valley wineries share our love for fresh air and offer visitors plenty of al fresco options for sipping in the sun. Tis the season to toast chilled rosé, savor the bright Oregon sparkling wines and drink up that light and balanced Pinot Noir.
As an overnight guest at our bed and breakfast in Willamette Valley, you’ll have VIP access to our outdoor space for wine tasting and soaking up the perfect weather. Our Inn is also part of one of the best working organic Willamette Valley wineries, producing the Youngberg Hill label and our reserve line, Bailey Family Wines. Many of our guest rooms also offer outdoor balconies, ideal for viewing the sunset and our stunning panoramic landscape.
Our location in the heart of Oregon Wine Country puts you within 20 minutes of more than 100 Willamette Valley wineries, many of which have outdoor space, either among the vines, on dedicated patio areas or rolling green lawns ideal for a picnic. First, you’ll want to secure your lodging and pick one of our nine guest suites for your overnight accommodations. Each room is perfectly designed with your comfort in mind, and you’ll love the extra perks (breakfast each morning!) of being our guest. Start planning your next wine tasting adventure, and book your suite today!
Willamette Valley Wineries for Outdoor Tastings
Did you know that the Willamette Valley is one of the biggest American Viticultural Areas (AVAs) in the United States, spanning around 3.5 million acres? This vast region comprises nine smaller AVAs, each with its own distinct characteristics. Factors like elevation, soil composition, and weather all contribute to the unique qualities of the wines produced in these vineyards. As you visit the nearby Willamette Valley wineries, you’ll get to discern for yourself.
Here are eight fantastic Willamette Valley wineries for outdoor tastings:
- Youngberg Hill & Bailey Family Wines: Whether you’re joining us for an overnight or an outdoor wine tasting, you’ll love our fantastic lineup. Our tasting room pours flights of our Youngberg Hill label (complimentary to Inn guests) and our reserve small vineyard lots from Bailey Family Wines (Inn guests receive discounted pricing.)
- ROCO Winery: Known as one of the pioneering Willamette Valley wineries in creating sparkling wines, head here for a lovely tasting at the farm. The patio is picturesque for flights in the famed Dundee Hills.
- Brooks: This winery in the Eola-Amity Hills AVA offers beautiful outdoor space for tastings and farm-to-table meals. They have a full calendar of events during the summer, including live music and pizza Fridays.
- Bergström Wines: Immersive wine tastings are available by appointment only to try these Pinot Noirs, Chardonnays, and Syrahs. You’ll love the balance of elegant wine and rustic surroundings on a farm and vineyard tour.
- Ponzi Vineyards: As one of the founding Willamette Valley wineries, this modern and classic winery has outdoor seating and open grounds for visitors to explore. Try the guided “Estate Tasting Flight,” which pairs the estate-grown cuvées with excellent food options.
- Brick House: Every private tasting here starts with a tour of the nearly 100-year-old horse barn, now home to the Brick House Winery. Seated tastings are outside, right near the stunning rows of vines.
- Elk Cove Vineyards: You’ll find indoor and outdoor tastings at this family-owned and operated winery in the Yamhill-Carlton AVA. While they do welcome walk-ins, reservations are recommended.
- Keeler Estates: The deck at this tasting room on the southwest slope of the Eola-Amity Hills AVA offers stunning views of the vineyards. The open-air tasting tent is perfect for a warm summer’s day.
A Getaway to our Bed and Breakfast in Willamette Valley
The ideal way to explore the best Willamette Valley wineries is with a weekend or weeknight multi-day trip. Knowing you have time to relax and a place to stay sets the tone, especially when you book a room at our bed and breakfast in Willamette Valley. Not only will you have access to our excellent tasting room for Youngberg Hill and Bailey Family Wines, offering indoor and outdoor seating, but you’ll have beautiful accommodations with modern amenities and personable service awaiting your return.
Our bed and breakfast in Willamette Valley offers nine elegant guest suites tailored for romance and relaxation. You’ll sink into your big comfortable bed dressed in high-thread count linens and cozy bedding. Relish the light from the gas fireplace either in your room or from the luxurious double jacuzzi tub (select suites). Every room has a uniquely designed en suite bathroom with pampering in mind—all have plush towels, robes, and the finest toiletries.
Other excellent perks include complimentary wine tastings and discounts, a most spectacular panoramic view of the Valley, a beautiful breakfast each morning with homemade sweet and savory recipes, and our concierge service available to make reservations or offer recommendations during your stay. You’ll quickly see why our guests return year after year to celebrate milestones and anniversaries or even just for an annual couples getaway to reconnect. We can’t wait to host you; book your room today!