Oregon wine country is one of the most beautiful places in the world—especially during the harvest season. There are so many fantastic things to do in the Willamette Valley this fall. From events celebrating new vintages and wine dinners to beautiful fall foliage and menus bursting with fresh farm flavors around town, there’s no shortage of activities to fill a weekend getaway or extended vacation. For the majority of visitors, wine tasting is at the top of their lists for things to do in the Willamette Valley.
With more than 700 vineyards and wineries to check out, that doesn’t come as a surprise. The winemakers and farmers in the Willamette Valley work tirelessly to bring some of the best Pinot Noir, Chardonnay, and many more varieties to their consumers. Two of the best wineries in the McMinnville AVA are Youngberg Hill and Bailey Family Wines—our winemaker Wayne Bailey brings a wealth of knowledge to his biodynamic farming style, creating beautiful single-block Pinots, sparkling wine, and so much more.
Not only is our picturesque property home to these vibrant vineyards, but we also have a charming McMinnville Bed and Breakfast for overnight guests. Our hilltop Inn sits above the vines, offering stunning views of the valley and beyond. The view is always the first thing that takes our visitors’ breath away. For the rest of your stay, our goal is to treat you will outstanding hospitality and make sure your every need is covered. Our elegant guest rooms set to tone for a restful and romantic getaway. Check out our upcoming fall availability and book your room today!
The 8 Best Things to do in the Willamette Valley this Fall
As a guest at our McMinnville Bed and Breakfast, you’ll be in an excellent location to explore all the best things to do in the Willamette Valley. We’re located about 10 minutes from downtown McMinnville, which puts you close enough to the action while set back in the rolling vine-covered hills of Oregon Wine Country. Whether you’re here to taste as much wine as possible, explore the valley by hike or bike, or just visit to sit back and relax, you’ll find it all here this fall.
Here are the eight incredible things to do in the Willamette Valley this fall:
- Fall Harvest Events: During the fall, the vineyard leaves take on gorgeous golden hues, and the grapes are ready to be harvested. This is one of the best times to visit the Willamette Valley for special releases, wine dinners, and events with key leaders in the industry. Keep your eye on the harvest events calendar here.
- Cozy Wine Tastings: Of course, one of the most popular things to do in the Willamette Valley is wine tasting! Thankfully, there’s no shortage of fantastic, award-winning wineries to visit. As a guest at our McMinnville Bed and Breakfast, you’ll be within 20 minutes of more than 150 tasting rooms. You’ll also receive complimentary flights with your room rate for our Youngberg Hill wines and discounts on our reserve label tastings.
- Scenic Drives & Bike Rides: Our lush green valley takes on a different hue in the fall as the emeralds turn to golden tones. One of the best ways to take in this autumnal sight is on the 60-mile Vineyard & Valley Scenic Tour Route or these other scenic routes. For those who prefer two wheels, the Willamette Valley Scenic Bikeway is such a great way to explore during the fall.
- Hiking in the Willamette Valley: Oregon is filled to the brim with amazing hiking areas, state parks, and nature preserves. A few we suggest nearby are the Baskett Slough National Wildlife Refuge for trails and birdwatching, Joe Dancer Park in downtown McMinnville for picnics and people-watching, and the Trail of Ten Falls in Silver Falls State Park for waterfalls.
- Check out the Oregon Breweries: The Willamette Valley may be most well-known for the wines, but we also have some fantastic craft breweries here. Pop into Golden Valley Brewery & Restaurant for a hoppy pint on their garden patio.
- Farm-to-Table Restaurants and Cafes: Dining out during the Autumn harvest is full of fresh produce and creative preparations. There’s a lovely selection of restaurants in the Willamette Valley not to miss; a few favorites are Okta from a two-time Michelin star chef, the well-known Joel Palmer House, and French classics at Bistro Maison.
- Evergreen Aviation & Space Museum: This world-renowned museum isn’t just for aviation enthusiasts! Ranked on TripAdvisor as one of the best things to do in the Willamette Valley, it’s hard not to be impressed by these historic aircraft and installations.
- Shopping in Downtown McMinnville: The tree-lined, historic thoroughfare Third Street in downtown McMinnville has many boutique shops, art galleries, and cafes to explore. The McMinnville Antiques Mall is also a great stop to hunt for treasures. Exploring downtown McMinnville is always one of the best things to do in the Willamette Valley!
Stay at the Best McMinnville Bed and Breakfast
One of the best things to do in the Willamette Valley this fall is book our luxurious McMinnville Bed and Breakfast. Our Inn is in the ideal location to head out on adventures, explore the nearby wine tasting rooms, and head into downtown McMinnville for shopping and dining. You’ll love heading back to our Inn in the evening for more wine tasting, live events at the winery, and relaxing in the perfect fall weather on our deck.
Inside, our McMinnville Bed and Breakfast is perfectly appointed. Each of our guest rooms is tailored for couples to relax and unwind with elegant appointments, big comfortable beds, and pristine en suite bathrooms. Whether you’re staying to reconnect with your special someone or heading out to explore all the best things to do in the Willamette Valley, we’ve got you covered with our concierge services available around the clock.
Each morning, we treat our guests to a wonderful house-made breakfast with local seasonal ingredients (we have some particularly delicious menu items during the fall season. It’s the best way to start your day in the Willamette Valley—even better with a mimosa. Reserve your lodging today!