After a day of sipping wine and touring vineyards in the Willamette Valley, it will most definitely be time to reset and refuel. Thankfully, you’ll find a lovely selection of restaurants in McMinnville serving up farm-to-fork-style menus with creative preparations and innovative flavor combinations. There’s been a recent surge of chefs relocating away from main metropolitan areas and closer to the source of their ingredients—and the McMinnville dining scene has benefitted in more ways than one.
Excellent dining experiences at these restaurants in McMinnville are best when paired with a luxurious lodging option. Our Willamette Valley Bed and Breakfast is one of the best places to stay in Oregon. Our Inn and Winery, perched atop our 50-acre estate overlooking the vines, is home to nine beautifully appointed guest suites, with elegant en suite bathrooms, and each a private retreat with stunning views of the rolling hillside, vineyards, and mountain ranges in the distance.
Allow us to take care of your breakfast each morning of your stay, and plan on heading to these restaurants in McMinnville for lunch and dinner. Book a room at our Willamette Valley Bed and Breakfast today!
The 10 Best Restaurants in McMinnville for 2023
We’re so fortunate to be surrounded by farmlands and vineyards operated by talented people who painstakingly grow, harvest, and foster an extraordinary culinary community in the Willamette Valley. Thanks to there, there’s no shortage of excellent restaurants in McMinnville to add to your itinerary. Allow our concierge at Youngberg Hill Inn and Winery to make reservations for you!
Here are the ten best restaurants in McMinnville to try this year:
- Humble Spirit: From snack plates like house-made sourdough with jam or farm-fresh veggies to full entrees of whole trout and daily cut steaks, you’ll love the casual elegance of this newcomer to downtown McMinnville.
- Okta: From the mind of two Michelin star Chef Matthew Lightner (formerly of Portland’s famed Castagna), this destination dining space is nestled in the Tributary Hotel in downtown McMinnville. The tasting menu showcases produce from their own farm in the Dundee Hills.
- Bistro Maison: One of the best restaurants in McMinnville for French classics, Bistro Maison offers a cozy dining room with a menu of indulgent Parisian favorites and excellent Willamette Valley Pinot Noirs.
- La Rambla Restaurant: Don’t miss heaping portions of house paella with seafood, chicken, pork shoulder, and chorizo at this local eatery. By far one of the best restaurants in McMinnville for Spanish tapas with Northwest flair!
- Golden Valley Brewery: Head to this local brewery for a beer flight and hearty farm-to-table lunch or dinner. You’ll also find their beer available at the Inn.
- Nick’s Italian Cafe: This restaurant in McMinnville has been serving classic, rustic Italian food since 1977. The recipes have been passed down through generations, and handmade pasta and wood-fired pies are served with care.
- 1882 Grill: Located on Third Street in downtown McMinnville, find a seat at the whisky bar, relax on the garden patio, or head up to the third-floor outdoor rooftop for beautiful views.
- Pura Vida Cocina: Chef Ricardo Antúnez consistently delivers flavorful and creative Latin American dishes on Third Street in Downtown McMinnville. Don’t miss the empanadas!
- Pizza Capo: A popular spot for locals, this pizza joint is the brainchild of Oven and Shaker alums, serving classic and innovative wood-fired pies.
- Joel Palmer House: Just a little out of McMinnville, this stalwart fine-dining restaurant in Dayton, OR, offers one of the most romantic farm-to-table experiences in the Willamette Valley. Wine Spectator recently bestowed the honor of the “Best of Award of Excellence” for the personable service, creative fare, and extensive Oregon wine list.
The Best Bed and Breakfast in McMinnville, OR
If you’re looking for a comfortable place to call your home away from home in the Willamette Valley, our McMinnville Bed and Breakfast is the perfect place to settle in. Not only will you be steps away from one of the best wine tasting rooms in the Willamette Valley (where overnight guests receive complimentary Youngberg Hill pours and generous discounts on our reserve label Bailey Family Wines), but you’ll also have the most luxurious accommodations to retreat to after a day exploring the area.
Our nine elegant guest rooms create a comfortable haven for couples to relax and spend time together. The en suite bathrooms are appointed with high-end fixtures, lovely toiletries, and fluffy towels and robes. You’ll find it’s the perfect place to unwind after exploring the best restaurants in McMinnville, OR. Start planning your culinary tour of the Willamette Valley, and book your stay today!