With more than 700 wineries in the Willamette Valley, one could venture to say that the Oregon wine industry is booming! In fact, this area is home to two-thirds of the state’s wineries and vineyards. Thanks to the climate, landscape, and soil— grapes thrive here—creating everything from delicate Pinots and robust red blends to crisp, dry Pinot Gris and bright sparkling wines. If you haven’t been wine tasting at these fantastic wineries in the Willamette Valley, you really must add it to your travel plans for 2023.
An Oregon wine tasting adventure is only made better by pairing it with a spectacular lodging option, and our Willamette Valley Bed and Breakfast is the most luxurious choice. Not only is our hilltop location ideal for stunning views of the rolling hills covered in vines and distant mountain ranges, but Youngberg Hill Inn and Winery is also within 20 minutes of over 150 wineries, tasting rooms, and vineyards. You’ll spend the day sipping award-winning wines and your evenings in the lap of luxury in your quiet and romantic guest room.
10 Best Wineries in the Willamette Valley to Try in 2023
The Willamette Valley is a tight-knit community of winemakers and farmers, all striving to produce the best wine. As an overnight guest at our Willamette Valley Bed and Breakfast, you’ll receive complimentary tastings of our Youngberg Hill pours and generous discounts on our reserve label Bailey Family Wines. But then we encourage you to head out and try the wines at our neighbors’ (and friends’) wineries!
Here are 10 of our favorite wineries in the Willamette Valley for tastings and tours:
- Youngberg Hill Winery: Founded in 1989, our portfolio of varietals represents a slice of the terroir of the Willamette Valley using organic, biodynamic methods and dry farming practices. This lets the fruit shine in the glass with minimal intervention, resulting in a naturally beautiful wine, as wine should be.
- Bailey Family Wines: After many successful years in our vineyards, we knew it was time to create our reserve label. Our Bailey Family selections are single vineyard varietals representing the best grapes grown at the Youngberg Hill Estate. Join us for an elevated private tasting of the spectacular portfolio.
- Keeler Estate Vineyard: Just about 20 minutes from our Inn in the Eola-Amity Hills AVA, this organic vineyard offers a deluxe heated tent for their outdoor tastings of white wine varietals or Pinot Noir offerings. Reservations are required.
- Brooks: This year marks a 50-year milestone of growing vines and the 25th anniversary of winemaking at this local Eola-Amity Hills vineyard. Head here to enjoy their monthly dining menus paired with their Willamette Valley wines.
- The Eyrie Vineyards: The name David Lett is synonymous with Oregon Pinot Noir, as he’s one of the pioneers who paved the way for many of the wineries in the Willamette winery to thrive. Head to McMinnville to try the “Signature Tasting” of wines from the Dundee Hills estate.
- ROCO Winery: This local stop is one of the wineries in the Willamette Valley known for pioneering sparkling wine production in the area. With the “Diamond Experience,” you’ll decern for yourself on these bright and bubbly wines with a flight of five to compare.
- Brittan Vineyards: This 128-acre estate is located in the foothills of the Coastal Range and produces six Pinot varietals, as well as Chardonnay and Syrah. Make a reservation at their tasting room at the downtown McMinnville location to try these distinct wines.
- Soter Vineyards: The Mineral Springs Ranch is a working farm and vineyard where you’ll find distinct Pinot Noirs, Chardonnays, and award-winning sparkling wines. Their “Provisions Tasting” is a guided wine tasting including culinary pairings prepared in the open kitchen at the farm.
- Sokol Blosser Winery: This family-owned estate planted its first vines in 1971 and has since grown into one of the prominent wineries in the Willamette Valley for lovely wine tastings and a “Farm to Forage” food and wine pairing experience.
- Dominio IV: Originally an orchard and nut grove, you’ll still find small outcroppings of apple or hazelnut trees alongside the vines. They offer unique tastings on the porch of the 1916 farmhouse or in the hay loft of the 100-year-old barn.
Stay at our Luxurious Willamette Valley B&B This Year
Visiting the best wineries in the Willamette Valley is the perfect addition to any getaway in Oregon—from romantic couples retreats and girls’ trips to group vacations, you’ll enjoy tasting together, discussing flavor profiles of each varietal, comparing notes, and taking in the sweeping vine-covered countryside.
Our Willamette Valley Bed and Breakfast is ideal luxury lodging for a tasting getaway in Oregon wine country. You’ll soak up the privacy, quiet, and calm from the minute you’re welcomed through our doors. In our nine remarkable guest suites, you’ll find modern amenities, all with your utmost comfort in mind and unique decor. Let us greet you each morning of your stay with a beautiful, homemade breakfast with seasonal and local ingredients. We can’t wait to host you!