For three years running, this charming town located less than an hour from downtown Portland, has been named for having one of the “best small town food scenes” by US Today. Dining here isn’t the only draw; there are so many fun things to do in Newberg, Oregon, on a day trip. You can wine, dine, and explore the bounty of the Willamette Valley!
As the article points out, “Newberg is home to vintners who craft complex pinots and creative chefs who use the region’s bounty to develop innovative menus,” which all come together to create a place for gastronauts and wine connoisseurs to indulge and celebrate these fantastic options. As all of the best things to do in Newberg, Oregon, are just a straight shot from Portland, it’s an ideal place to plan a first stop on your Willamette Valley getaway.
When you begin your search for lodging in the area, our Willamette Valley bed and breakfast will stand out from all the rest! Its hilltop location is utterly one-of-a-kind, with some of the most spectacular views you’ll see in Oregon. Our luxurious nine-room inn offers the perfect blend of elegance and romance couples desire on a getaway to wine country. Your days can be filled with tastings, vineyard tours, and delicious meals, and your evenings can be spent by the fire, curled up with your favorite person and a lovely glass of Youngberg Hill Pinot Noir. Book your lodging today!
The Best Things to Do in Newberg, Oregon
While this small town only covers roughly five miles of area, there’s a great list of things to do in Newberg, Oregon, for a stop on the way into the Willamette Valley. While McMinnville offers a lot of fantastic things to do as well and is only ten minutes from our Willamette Valley bed and breakfast, heading to Newberg can be a fun outing to add to your itinerary!
Here are the best things to do in Newberg, Oregon, on a day trip:
- Wine Tastings & Tours: Of course, heading to the Willamette Valley wineries is at the top of the list of best things to do in Newberg; here’s a list of our favorite Newberg Oregon wineries for tours and tastings.
- Shopping in Downtown Newberg: There’s a quaint downtown main street in Newberg, ideal for a quick stop to stretch your legs and peruse the local shops, art galleries, and tasting rooms.
- Bike Rides with Wine de Roads: This family-run company based in the Chehalem Valley offers visitors unique guided bicycle tours, including stops at some favorite wineries along the way.
- Great Lunch Stops in Newberg: If you’re on the way to our Willamette Valley bed and breakfast, one of the best things to do in Newberg, Oregon, is stop for lunch! If you want a diverse list of choices, head to the Bite of Newberg, a food truck pod with a selection ranging from Thai and Mexican to New American and Italian. Or if you’d like a fancy sit-down meal, head to the popular cafe Rosmarino Osteria Italiano.
- Stroll along the Willamette River: Head down to Rogers Landing, also a stop along the famed Willamette River Water Trail. You can stroll the docks here and keep your eyes peeled for local wildlife and birds.
- Romantic Date Night Dinners: Since dining is a highlight in the Willamette Valley, it’s not surprising that one of the best things to do in Newberg, Oregon, is to explore the restaurant scene. The Painted Lady is located in a charming historic Victorian building and beautifully showcases the agricultural bounty of Oregon’s Willamette Valley. Or check out Subterra for its creative entrees and Sunday Dinner Series.
Wine Tastings & Lodging at our Willamette Valley B&B
After exploring the best things to do in Newberg, Oregon, you’ll love retreating to our Willamette Valley bed and breakfast. Our nine guest suites each have their own unique decor and design, but all offer a modern and comfortable space to fully unwind and relax. The spacious rooms contain everything you’ll need while away from home.
Another perk is the roomy and private guest bathrooms; every room is equipped with either a relaxing jacuzzi tub for soaking or a double luxurious two-person shower. Modern fixtures and elegant design create a lovely spa-like atmosphere for a bubble bath or rejuvenating steam. You’ll feel pampered right in your own room during your stay!
We offer add-on packages to make your stay with us even more enjoyable; let us help you plan your wine tasting adventures in the valley or up the wow factor with a Romance Package, which includes a bottle of Youngberg Hill wine, complimentary Pinot glasses, and a tray of sweet and savory nibbles waiting for you in your room. Breakfast is also an option to add to your stay! We can’t wait to host you; book your lodging at our Willamette Valley bed and breakfast today!