Spring has officially sprung, and summer will be here before we know it, which is genuinely one of the most lovely times of year to visit the best wineries in Oregon. The Willamette Valley boasts temperate summer weather, with dry spells in June, July, and August, with temperatures hovering around the mid-80s. You’ll often feel a cool breeze just when you need it, making wine tasting at these best wineries in Oregon a special and memorable treat. Extra bonus: Pinot Noir is the ultimate warm-weather red wine for sipping in the sunshine!
Before you start planning your wine tasting tours through the Willamette Valley, you’ll want to secure your lodging. Our McMinnville Bed and Breakfast is the most luxurious and ideally located choice. Perched above the Youngberg Hill and Bailey Family Wines vineyards, our Inn sits like the crowning jewel of our working organic winery with nine beautiful and well-appointed suites. The view from our picture windows, decks, and outdoor patios are absolutely spectacular, stretching across the valley to the mountain ranges in the distance.
Fill your itinerary with the best wineries in Oregon and make Youngberg Hill Inn and Winery your home base. Book today!
The Best Wineries in Oregon for Tours and Tastings
As a guest at our McMinnville Bed and Breakfast, you’ll not only have the most fantastic lodging for your vacation, but you’ll be staying at one of the best wineries in Oregon. Our tasting room pours flights of our Youngberg Hill label (complimentary to Inn guests), as well as our reserve, small vineyard lots from Bailey Family Wines (Inn guests receive discounted pricing.) Of course, we always encourage our visitors to explore our favorite nearby Willamette Valley wineries as well.
Here are six of the best wineries in Oregon near our Inn for wine tasting:
- Maysara Winery: Proudly woman-owned and operated, this is one of the best Oregon wineries within 15 minutes of our Inn. Reservations are needed to taste here, and if you’re smart, you’ll add one of the curated charcuterie boards to pair with your wine tasting of small-block Pinot Noir and Pinot Blanc.
- Yamhill Valley Vineyards: Established in 1983, this winery is known as one of the oldest in the Willamette Valley. Cozy indoor or outdoor back deck seating under the oaks is available for flights of the estate-grown varietals.
- Brittan Vineyards: Head to the historic Granary District in downtown McMinnville to taste this winery’s estate-grown Chardonnay and single block Pinot Noir. Book your reservation ahead of time from Friday to Monday at the elegant and airy tasting room.
- Coeur De Terre Winery: One of our closest neighbors, this family-owned winery produces Pinot Noir, Pinot Gris, and Chardonnay, along with a few smaller vineyard blocks for their reserve bottles. They offer three tasting experiences, from casual flights to immersive tours with winemaker and owner Scott Neal.
- Brooks Winery: A wine tasting here includes the option for a complete meal pairing. The chef puts a lot of effort into creating beautiful dishes that work perfectly with the bright, minerally whites and racy, rich cherry Pinot Noirs from this long-time label. The menus rotate on a monthly basis.
- Cristom Vineyards: In the heart of the Eola-Amity Hills, this is one of the best wineries in Oregon for an intimate tasting and tour in the open air. The seasonal flights are available by reservation only, so plan on booking ahead.
Of course, as a guest at our Inn, you’ll want to join us in the Youngberg Hill tasting room for a casual flight or a seated experience at least once! Though we often see our Inn guests multiple times during their stay.
The Most Stunning Views from our Bed and Breakfast
After you’ve checked into your comfortable and spacious suite, you may not feel like leaving the serenity and relaxing atmosphere, but if you do, you’ll find more than 100 wineries and vineyards within 20 minutes of Youngberg Hill Inn & Winery. Our perfect centralized location is impressive for exploring the best wineries in Oregon. What’s more, we’re only 15 minutes from downtown McMinnville. This charming small town is the warm and inviting heart of Oregon’s Wine Country, with a historic downtown packed with beautiful boutiques, coffeehouses, wine tasting rooms, and craft breweries. Combine all of those experiences with the award-winning restaurants—and we guarantee you’ll be blown away.