It’s official; there’s a crispness in the air, the sun is setting earlier, and the Oregon fall foliage is about to pop. Thankfully, the northwest is home to hundreds of tree species, many of which put on a show come autumn with bright golden, orange, red, and yellow hues. The Willamette Valley is a fantastic place to take in the Oregon fall foliage—the grape vines also change color as we near harvest, with rows that were once bursting in green now turning to the golden tones of autumn.
Oregon Live recently released a visual map to track the peak Oregon fall foliage time frames by region; the Willamette Valley is predicted to have the most vibrant scenes in the first week of October this year. So now is the time to get your last-minute fall getaway on the calendar, especially before the busyness of the holiday season sets in. Maybe you can slip away during the week to beat the crowds? Our Willamette Valley Bed and Breakfast is the ideal lodging in Oregon wine country. Our luxurious Inn sits atop a hill like a crown, surrounded by our 50-acre working vineyard for Youngberg Hill and Bailey Family Wine.
Places to See the Beautiful Oregon Fall Foliage
During the Autumn months, it would be hard to miss the stunning Oregon fall foliage, as it’s just about everywhere in our lush forested state. The Willamette Valley is particularly beautiful for the rolling vineyards awash in fiery hues. Plan on heading out on a scenic drive to take in these views; your cozy guest suite will be awaiting your return.
Here are five of the best places to view Oregon fall foliage:
- On a Willamette Valley Wine Tour: Peep the beautiful changing of the leaves from the windows of your private town car or mini-bus on our favorite Willamette Valley winery tours. There’s a lovely selection of local companies offering curated experiences to the nearby vineyards for chauffeured tastings, tours, and picnic lunches.
- Hiking at Silver Falls State Park: As the most popular state park in all of Oregon, Silver Falls is stunning all year round, but it’s particularly magical in the autumn months. These spectacular waterfalls stand out from the trees ablaze with the vibrant Oregon fall foliage.
- McMinnville City Parks Biking Route: This bike route avoids main roadways and is an excellent pick for an easy, laid-back ride. You can stop at the pretty parks and nature areas along the way and check out the downtown restaurants, wineries, and shops without worrying about parking.
- A Scenic Drive out to the Oregon Coast: For those who might be staying at our Willamette Valley Bed and Breakfast for a more extended, leisurely vacation, a drive out to the Oregon Coast is a must. Along the route, you’ll catch sight of bright fall colors as the landscape changes from forests to coastal terrain.
- An Afternoon Wine Tasting at Youngberg Hill: One of the best views in the Willamette Valley, if not the entire state of Oregon, is from our tasting room. The panoramic view overlooks the Natasha and Aspen Block vineyards and stretches all the way across the valley to as far as Mt. Jefferson and Mt. Hood. Overnight guests receive complimentary Youngberg Hill tastings and discounts on the exclusive Bailey Family Wine flights.
Get Cozy this Fall at our Willamette Valley Bed and Breakfast:
We love the changing of the seasons at Youngberg Hill. You’ll quickly see that our breakfast, wine pairings, and snack menus reflect seasonal ingredients, and the Inn feels incredibly cozy in the autumn months. Open a bottle of wine, order our charcuterie and cheese board, and settle in by the fire. Join us each morning for a lovely breakfast with hot coffee, freshly squeezed juice, and welcoming service. It’s the best way to start your day before adventuring out in the Willamette Valley for wine tasting, hiking, or biking with the Oregon fall foliage as your blazing backdrop.
Luxurious Lodging in the Heart of Oregon Wine Country
After exploring the Oregon fall foliage in the Willamette Valley, you’ll be welcomed back to our luxury Bed and Breakfast with open arms. Our hilltop location surrounded by vineyards is ideal for an immersive wine tasting vacation—we’re also just ten miles from downtown McMinnville and only minutes away from other spectacular Oregon wineries.
Autumn is the best time of year to snuggle up with your favorite person in a couple of comfortable deck chairs under a blanket, drinking coffee, and watching the morning mist swirl around the golden vines below. Or watch the sunset over this spectacular view with a couple of glasses of Oregon Pinot Noir in hand from your luxury guest suite. Start planning your fall getaway and book today!